Can I blog from NY? Who will care, once our lives are more routine and mundane?

I have enjoyed the experience of blogging this year - - organizing my thoughts, preserving our memories, and entertaining our family and friends. The Google blogspot lets the blog-owner see how many page views they have had, and from what regions. I include a snapshot below. It says there have been 5733 Page Views since I started the blog! Note also the distribution of people that have read the blog to date - - (Who do I know in Ukraine? And in Russia?? ) I thought about the option of monetizing the blog, and using the proceeds for charitable efforts in India like caring for stray dogs. But then I read posts from others that have included ads to monetize their blogs…and they got trivial sums of money even for sites with tens of thousands of hits…and so I scrapped that idea; I needn’t “punish” readers with ads in order to raise just a few dollars…I can happily donate those sums on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment